Thursday, January 10, 2019

It All Is Coming Together

I feel like Hannibal from "the A-Team" (wow, just dated myself!): I love it when a plan comes together. 

Book 2 (stand alone - if you haven't read book 1!) came together with relative ease. The story flowed well, I received great feedback, and the cover artist/editors did their jobs!  Now that I have the proof copy sitting in front of me, the beauty of the book makes me tear up! 

There is nothing quite like a book baby, except maybe the second book baby. Perhaps it is because we know the work involved, the time commitment, the effort, and to do it all again?  That is the stuff of madness. But if you look at writers, authors, the greats throughout history, they were all little touched in the head.  And maybe that is what makes writers able to do what they do. 

I am over the moon to have book two come out.  Book three is in the works -- it will also be a stand-alone, but a continuation of the theme, if you will, and if I'm lucky, that sucker may come out in late spring, early summer.  Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we? 

I have other works, too -- a few short stories (another is due out VERY soon) and a novella series, both contemporary. But the historical romance has always been my fave, and so I will always come back to it.   We always come back to what we love.  
 

No comments: