Friday, December 28, 2018

WHEW!  The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity! 

 Between final exams, Christmas (our holiday of choice), completing final edits on book 2, and prepping for spring classes, the end of the year passed more quickly than I anticipated.   But now that we are rolling into the new year, I have a bit of breathing room. 

The first vacation task I took on was to read the book I received for Christmas: Elevation by Stephen King.  Usually I am not the largest fan of shorter literature, but as is often the case with King, his shorter works are more than worth it.  And as a runner, I especially enjoyed the running aspect of the story.   The read was also good in that it reflected on some social issues of the day, another win for me as a King fan.


The remainder of my vacation free time will be occupied by indie reading.  As a newer indie author, I am trying (more than I had in the past) to read, respond to, review, and advocate for the indie writing community.  I have some reads and reviews on deck for the next week, and I am SO excited about that reading. I was never a "mainstream" person, to say the least; why should me reading be that way?  

While this will not become a "review" blog -- I am not a reviewer in the strongest sense of the word -- I will be posting about what I am reading in general and what I like (or don't) about it, and hopefully more regularly than I have been posting.  

The last part of my vacation will involve editing and the release of The Lady of the Glen. Thus far it has received such positive feedback, and I am excited about the upcoming release date of Jan 16. 


I hope that everyone has the most amazing end of the 2018 year. May 2019 be the year you want it to be. 

No comments: