Tuesday, December 04, 2018

The Lady of the Glen -- Book 2 in the Glen Highland Romance Sneak Peek! 
    “I received a letter,” he told Torin. “It probably won’t amount to anything, but I have heard the woman is a force to be reckoned with, and I think, I know, that is what we need.”
       “But,” Torin hesitated, “ye do not even know the lass. Don’t ye want to find a woman ye love? What if ye aren’t even attracted to her? What if —” he paused a moment, choosing his words wisely. “What if she leaves like your own mam did? Are ye nay concerned with history?” 
       Declan reclined on a cot near the hearth. The fire and daybreak chased away the morning chill, and Declan used the moment to collect his thoughts, scratching absently at his golden beard. Questioning Declan’s choice, his oldest friend might understand his motives but still vehemently disagreed with the idea.  Declan knew without a doubt that the rest of the clan likewise would not be convinced. Declan turned his pale hazel eyes to Torin’s dark ones, trying to explain his motives.
     “I ken that women are often used as pawns in power struggles between clans, and men of power usually have the upper hand when it comes to a choice of brides. It should be that way for me, but when I see my clan in such condition, I know I must choose a wife who can help me get my life, my home, my clan in order. If she can do that, then I will love her no matter her reputation, or her appearance.”

No comments: